Thursday, February 22, 2007

blog disection and contradictions

Salut
Deux blog dans deux jour. Luke must have found an internet cafe.

Would you believe that I discovered how to change the keyboard into American format but it started to become a problem because iùve half switched over to the Tunisian. Monde dieuxits actually quite perfect. By the time I’m completely switched over ill be returning to Canada. Quite a bitter fellow over this keyboard thing aren’t I. you should be too though because im sure it doesn’t make my indecipherable thoughts any more decipherable. Well that is going on the assumption that someone is actually reading this incoherent babbling. Franchement (frankly) its kind of like a glorified talking to yourself to post a blog. Sure these people care when I sleep what iùve eaten who iùve met the difficulties iùve had how frequently my bowels move. To my recollection all iùve done on here is brag when its good and whine when its bad.

It’s somewhat of a win win situation. I can really talk about anything. Because if you ever come across something ridiculous and criticisable that I’ve done my defense could be well it must be entertaining enough for you to continue so continue to enjoy or hit the road. (that’s it luke… tell off the only people who are still reading) and the otjer side of the win win is that well if noones reading; who cares what I say it changes from a rant to a journal ….. however who wants people reading your journal I better rethink this whole blog thing….in the meantime youùre welcome to enjoy the journey.

I’d like to pass on that I have been receiving texts from most people but havenùt yet figured out how to respond . you can text me from Canada by going 011 216 2222 2279. Or I’d like to encourage people to put comments on the blog. Seriously; why not its your chance to publicly critisize me. Im not sure how you do it I think at the bottom of each section of blog you can click on the comments and go crazy ( some people already have both put a comment and went crazy).

Tunisia is a crazy mix of cultures.

Everyone is using a cell phone but dialup appears to be the most used internet
Everyone has washing machines but they use propane and light their water heaters like Canadians do their barbeque.

Several times a day you hear a wonderous chanting all over the town and it indicates that all should go to the mosque to prey…. However it is almost equally as common if not more you hear akon singing smack that from a radio in a streetside restaurant or fiddy blaring from a car stereo….. and for some reason everyone hear loves celine dion….. you haven’t been confused until youùve eaten cous cous discussed religion in Tunisia and watched your Friend who speaks French and tunisen sing celine dion in English ……….my heart will go on (but I hope the singining doesnùt) Brian adams is popular here too as is ,any tradional types of music.

As for food well they have kit cats but they have a different name coca cola is everywhere so is pizza and pasta. You can order American food but its more of a take on American food. The pureed (mashed ) potatoes are runny like they were accidentally watered down. They have a thing called a sandwhich cafetji where they put meet in a sub and then put fries on top of that all in the sub… actually quite good. Desert is oranges or dates. Bread is everyahere French bed. Not un common to see a child biking with three uncovered ‘ foot French breads in his hand somewhat amusing . cous cous is also popular its like a carbohydrate I think rice but little balls of it not grains and you eat it with fish little sketchy but it does

There are a myriad of autos a lot of car trucks which would be like taking a dodge colt and putting a truck bed off a little Toyota or d50 onto it. Its also entertaining to see a 25 year old on a cell phone hair greased wearing leathers driving a huge tractor. Theres bmws and passaats but im not sure why you would buy one cause everyone iùve seen has been dented up.

Theres desserts mountains and beechs old fashioned trains plaster buildings cobble stone and pavement streets lots of noise lots of dust in the air. Signs are written in Arabic/ tunisien and English.

I must go now my two hour lunch is nearly over. If you have enjoyed this you are obligated to either comment or pass it along to a friend…………. Or both

That’s right … obligated

Okay got to jet and eat ,y sandwhich cafeji

4 comments:

JULIEN AND JUDD ARE BLOGGERS said...

0 Comments? I think I can see how.. Noone can finish your damn posts.. USE SOME DAMN COMMAS, boy.. Separate those run-on sentences with some punctuation! I don't want to hear any "it's the keyboard" crap.
Other than that, it's a highly entertaining read.

Anywho.

I leave for Europe tomorrow. Brief stop in Montreal to visit mon pere before leaving for London. I'll be posting lots of photos on my flickr account ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/jstp ) and will post some notes on facebook so people can have an interactive adventure with me.

A bientot, mon pote.

-Julien

chucker said...

Hey Luke I hope you make sure to put Toilet Paper down before you use the bathroom man.

Dustin won a free bed by throwing a pot of ice water on my head at 6 in the morning on CJAY. It played all day every hour or so and we heard it a couple of times. I Just bought a new bong too. Cowtown awaits.

Chucker

Marcia said...

Oh Luke, pass it on I will...

Jessica MacKenzie said...

Julien, I don't know who you are but Thank you. Luke---figure out the commas already!!

And Chucker, what a great idea. Throw a bucket of water on my sleeping roommate for a new bed.

Luke, I'm getting more value out of the comments than the blog... you got some work to do :-)