Saturday, May 17, 2008

Giddy up Giddy up Giddy Oh…

Giddy up Giddy up Giddy Oh…

Note, this blog was conceived, typed, reviewed, revised, and after considerable difficulty finding internet on the air card, posted from a 2002 duramax chevy towing a 26 foot bumper toe camper and 187803948 Million Litres of dieseil………………………

After 14 premature warnings Dave finally hit the mark when he said I think the border is just around this turn.. Sure enough out of friendly Manitoba and into Ontario… More to discover.

So the OPP have lived up to their Notoriety when we spotted them only 12 minutes into the province.

By km, we’ve completed 30% of the road trip of the year. I’m beginning to feel that I am just part of a continuously moving machine that will go whether we want it to or not. The little engine that will. Despite 6 vehicle stops in 1500 km we’ve only shut down the beast twice.

As I type, 20 minutes into the province we meet the second OPP car… at least after 3 fuel ups we’re finally carrying under the legal limit of fuel. 3 drivers has likely saved out lives. Dustin has 726 km under his belt, while dave and I trail behind at 443km and 342 km respectively. I’m up next, which is fine as it will allow me to move from the back and out of this yogic leg interlock I’ve been holding for the past few hours. Other than that, I’m feeling pretty peppery.

Currently, Dave and Dustin are now criticizing poor traffic control efforts on a construction site we’ve passed. While I tell them to at least roll down the window an tell the workers to their face.

Dustin’s role is to make sure nothing goes wrong, like santa clause except he knows what you’re doing when he’s sleeping.

Dave’s role appears to provide helpful yet unbelievably random information about Canada’s transportation system…” in the early fifties Regina built a ring road that bypasses the city so we shouldn’t have to slow down too much….(This was hours before we approached the city).

My job ? chronicler, project coordinator, and apparently mother… who wants yogourt? Yeah, grapefruit is gross, but it’s good for you.. eat it. Hell somebody has to stabilize the PB & J count / hour. For godsakes we’ve fallen from 0.66 sandwhiches / hour to a current and unbelievably malnutritious 0.25…

Some quotable quotes;
Ø Nuclear Waste could pass grade 12
Ø I can’t wait until I’m in Brandon
Ø Pukie check the hubcabs while the big boys fuel up
Ø Guys If we get some internet we got to figure out where the “fuck” were going”

Right… so I better post this and get on that last quote…. Enjoy…..

No comments: